A lifelong meditator, William Drew, simply known as “Drew,” is the founder & owner of Healing House Yoga LLC. As a Mindfulness-Based Performance Coach Drew focuses on seamlessly integrating Mindfulness/Mindful Movement into the workday. Through his work in schools he has helped to:
- Drive down behavioral referrals in teacher’s classes as much as 80% within a semester.
- Restore as much as 20% of class time back to teachers & away from disciplinary actions.
- Increase movement time in the student’s day as much as 50%.
Before expanding his work to include Mindfulness-Based Performance Coaching Drew operated Healing House Yoga LLC as a brick and mortar yoga studio in Kansas City, MO. With an initial certification in Kundalini Yoga, a membership with Yoga Alliance and over 4,700 hours of yoga instruction (inclusive of Hatha, Ashtanga and Vinyasa), teacher trainings as well as Continuing Education Credits recognized by Yoga Alliance remain available options.
Since returning home to Minnesota, Drew’s work has allowed him to present the benefits of Mindfulness/Mindful Movement to:
- Robbinsdale Middle School
- Sanford Middle School
- Brooklyn Center Secondary
- The Office of Black Male Student Achievement (Minneapolis Public Schools)
- Minneapolis Continuing Education (MCE)
- Minnesota Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) Conference
- Action For Healthy Kids (AFHK) Healthy Schools Conference
When not training other educators on Mindfulness/Mindful Movement Drew is practicing piano with his 6 and 8-year-old children, perfecting the flying splits or working on lowering his time running a 5k.